Sunday, September 16, 2012

Just call me June Cleaver for the day...

I have to say, judging by today's activities, I would have made an excellent 1950's housewife. On top of my long morning walk with the pup, grocery shopping, cutting up strawberries and a couple watermelon, frying up a couple of eggs for breakfast (sunny side up!), doing laundry, and trying out a new crab cake recipe for dinner, I decided to try my hand at baking a fresh loaf of bread to use for the week. I was hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I was ready to march right back up to the store and buy a loaf if it didn't turn out. Thankfully, though, it was perfect! The only, problem... we've eaten almost half of it already!

Here's my little journey to my lovely first loaf of homemade bread:












Mmmm...it was tasty and I can't wait to experiment some more. Here's to trying new things!

Find this super easy recipe here:
http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/11/04/homemade-bread-cheap-delicious-healthy-and-easier-than-you-think/




No comments:

Post a Comment