Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Special Project for a Snowy Day

It took a couple years and a snow day to finally finish a project that is near and dear to my heart. A winter storm hit the northwest early yesterday morning and at about 7:30am my boss called to let me know we were not going to be open. The second I hung up the phone, I knew what I needed to accomplish. As soon as Erik left for work (he walked in the snow, poor guy!), I dove into the closet in search of my task for the day.

In a tiny bag, in the bottom of a huge storage tub, there was a special project I had started a few years ago and needed to finally complete. It wasn't just any random sewing project. It was something special, something sentimental...a teddy bear made out of patches of Erik's Dad's work shirts. His dad, Julian, passed away almost five years ago and as Christmas gifts one year, I made my mother-in-law and sister-in-law teddy bears out of his old shirts. I started Erik's but didn't finish in time for Christmas and continued to put it off.

With just a little bit of time and a whole lot of love...Erik finally has his bear.




Another snow day (or ICE day!) so we will see what I work on today...

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute Savannah! I have some of my grandparents' old clothes and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Its a super easy pattern, just a front and a back. I bet you could find something like it online! Let me know if you try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete