Sunday, February 5, 2012

*UPDATE* A Homemade Christmas

Because we were halfway across the country from each other over the holidays, I wasn't able to give my mother-in-law, Leslye, her Christmas gift until this weekend. I had all intentions of making her a fun tote bag but changed my mind and was suddenly inspired to make her something I knew she would be able to use...an iPad cover! She and her husband, Don, like to go on adventures throughout the year so I knew a cute but also practical iPad cover would be perfect for her. I didn't want to ruin the surprise so I waited until now to share!

The fun polka dot and floral fabric:



The zigzag stitching detail:



The homemade covered button that matches the lining fabric:



And here's the final product...I was so thankful the iPad fit! :)




Hopefully Leslye will get a lot of use out of this cover. Not only will it protect her iPad but it will also add a little color and brightness to her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment